True Fighters With Strength from Above

True Fighters With Strength from Above

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Post I Dreaded The Most

The doctors met with my parents to discuss the results of my dad's CAT SCAN yesterday. The doctors have given my dad 2 to 4 weeks left to live; because the tumor has not only grown but keeps spreading, as it is also shutting down his liver. We know that only God knows the days numbered in my dad's life.

My dad has chosen to go home on hospice and enjoy the quality of life with his family. One of the first things my dad said was, "I wanna see my daughter." And I want to see my daddin. So my family and I will be flying home tomorrow to be with my dad and my family. We are packing, getting tickets, and heading home.

City of Hope is doing all they can to release my dad today.

Please keep our family in your prayers. Thank you.

36 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for this news. Prayers for safe travel for your family and prayers that your dad's remaining days are filled with the love of his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff, my heart is breaking for all of you. I pray your time here with your family will be filled with sweet memories. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, COdy & Tiffany. So very very sorry. I am praying. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. We love you guys, so much, and are praying and praying for the Lord's presence and comfort in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember, He is the God of all comfort and he never loses control. He has you all in the palm of His hand. I'm praying for your peace and strength. Tell your parents they have many, many people who love them and the prayers are still going up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry Tiff. We will be lifting you guys up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randy put up a great fight. God's plans are sometimes not what we expect or want, but He knows best. Heaven means: healing, no struggles, no pain, no sadness, no sin and ultimately a new ad perfected body that never dies! Saying goodbye to Randy here on earth will be difficult and sad for you all, but HOLD ON to the JOY and the HOPE of meeting him again in heaven someday - this is no small comfort! I hope Randy meets my mom up there and they rejoice together in anticipation of everyone else's arrival! Eternity lasts a lot longer than this life that we know now. This one is gone in the blink of an eye...but we have eternity to look forward to! Enjoy the little bits of heaven your dad exhibited here on earth and thank our Lord for his witness and influence in all your lives - live life well and to the honor and glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray your hospice experience is as wonderful as ours was with my mom - those folks are angels here on earth. My prayers will be with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiffany, I have been following your blog for a little while now but never said much. I was in a small group with you a long long time ago. I also saw you at one of life perks a while back. I am sorry for this news to your family. I am so proud of your family tho and inspired too by your love for Lord and your courage to love and encourage your dad through this tough time.I too hope you continue to be positive how ever much time you have left to share with tour dad and wish you much peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear Tiffany and family, I pray that your time together will be blessed by happy memories. This journey has been such a learning experience for all of you and I am sure as a family you have become closer, if that is possible. Safe travels Carothers family and enjoy the precious time with your dad. love and prayers for you all

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiffany and family,
    Words cannot express my feelings. I trust God will be and is orchastrating the plans for you and your family in the coming days. You are blessed to have such a courageous Dad. I will also be in the area in a few days so if there is anything we can do, please let me know. Safe travels and my prayers and love are with you my friend.
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're so very sorry for everyone....No words just prayers

    Vicki Langley and Larry Cusack

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear this Tiff. Please if there is anything you need while you are here in the states please let me know. I would be happy to help with what I can. Love to you...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. God Love and Bless the next few weeks for this wonderful man and his family. He brings smiles to so many people just remembering what a great guy he is and has always been. His law enforcement family loves and respects him and misses him. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Worked with Randy when we were Sergeants at GHRC...First class guy. My thoughts are with him and his family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tiffany,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you go through this. God speed and blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praying for all of you at this tough time. You are a strong family. God bless you all and a special hug to your Dad. Mike & I worked with him for several years in different capacities. He IS a GREAT guy, father, and husband, and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When his hard working hands lay to rest he will always have you and your family in his heart as you will in your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tiffany,
    Im so so sorry. I know exactly how your feeling and the only one that can help you with the pain and sorrow is God. My heart is heavy full of sadness knowing that you and your family are going through this. Please tell your dad that "Yvonne" says hi and that he is in my thoughts and prayers. May the Lord be with you during this difficult time and may he grant your dad some relief from the pain he has gone through for so long. I love you and ill be praying for all you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry to hear about your father...you and your family are in my prays...God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  20. Randy, may you spend your final days in peace with lovedones by your side. Thank you so much for your wonderful contributions to this world. You've impacted my life and I thank you for that. May God bless your family.
    Rob McCoy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Randy and Tammy and all of the family , as I sit here with tear running down my face. I am so sad and wish there something more that could happen.... We love you, we just drove by, from an afternoon in Big Bear and I felt like I had a huge stone in my stomach as we drove by and saw all of the activity, So sorry, We will pray still and know we a just a stone's throw away...Kevin, Susan & Madison (Bella too)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Although I don't know your family, I do know this situation first-hand. In July 2010 I put my personal/professional life on hold & flew to care for my mother when I heard she was being transferred to hospice, after the oncologist said her body could not take any more chemo. Bittersweet. Caring for her lovingly was very sweet. Knowing that she would leave the mortal realm very soon made it so difficult to function normally.

    I'm grateful that all of her children showed up in person to thank her for her decades of excellent mothering, to promise her we would take care of each other, & to reassure each other. And I'm immensely grateful that I was able to act as an in-home nurse & to administer prescription painkillers to keep her from hurting. As her primary caregiver, I heard her frustration with being bedridden in her own home & reassured her that she was not a burden to us. Even though I desperately wanted her to stay, I didn't want her to stay if it meant her misery. Heart-wrenching.

    I was right there as she gradually lost responsiveness in the last few days, still talking to her in case she could hear my voice. As soon as I knew she had taken her last breath, I told her, "Godspeed Mom, I'll see you in a couple of decades. Congratulations, you've beaten the tumor, because it can't keep you pinned here any longer. You're free of it."

    I meant those words, from my heart. She went home, to see her parents & wait for the rest of the family to catch up to her. Though I still miss her horribly, & cry often, I know she accepted that mortality was just a small part of her existence, & was not afraid to go to her heavenly home. That we miss her so much is a salute to her life, well lived, filled with love & good examples.

    May your family find great reserves of strength to make your dad's last weeks memorable & free of any regrets. Sounds like you already have great reserves of love ~ that makes you lucky.
    Allison Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Tiff, I'm so sorry. I will be praying for all to come together quickly so that you can get home with your family. My heart is just breaking for you. You and all of your family will be covered. Lots of love to you... Jennie and Warren

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tiffany and family,
    My heart is heavy for you and your family. I pray that the Lord brings you peace, wisdom and discerent as you spend these last days helping to care for your dad. I'm sure your dad was a living testimony to everyone he came to know at city of hope. His salvation, determination and love for the Lord planted seeds in the lives of those who needed the Lord most. I love you and will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. I cherish your updates.
    Love,
    Heather Ridenour

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bill and I attend church with your grandma and have been praying for your dad and all the family for many months. Three years ago when I lost my son, John New, I read a powerful little devotional. "Not Taken, But Given." Rather than thinking that God has taken your loved one let us give that one to God as a love-offering, a rich blessing that was temporarily ours. It helped me a lot and perhaps it will help you. I am so glad you will be able to be home with your family. We will continue to pray. May God comfort your hearts. Bill and Juanita Weis

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tiffany and family,
    I am so sorry to hear this. Praying for peace and comfort in these difficult days. Your parents have been great inspiration in our lives, and I know there are many others who would say the same. We are so privileged to have had our paths cross.
    With much love,
    Chad and Brandy Peters

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tiffany,
    Your father is very dear to my heart. We were part of a mens' Bible study about ten years ago. This was not an ordinary study, as we delved deep into our personal Christian lives. I will never forget how your father helped me "keep the faith." You can stand proud and know that your father is more than a foot soldier for the SBSD, but more importantly, a soldier for the Lord.

    My wife worked with your father at the Apple Valley Station. So we both been been blessed by having served with him. He is a man of honor, integrity and has stood strong as a man of God. May God comfort you and your family.
    Robbie and Paulette Ciolli

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your work family is so very saddend. We all love you and will continue to keep you and Tammi in our hearts and in our prayers. Ohhh Sgt. G..thank you for always fighting, for never giving up..you, Sir, are a great example to all of us. May God bless you and hold you close, may Tammi find strength in His comfort and that of your family and friends, may your family always be blessed by you just being you...

    ReplyDelete
  29. After hearing the heartbreaking news today, a scripture came to mind which seemed to fit this occasion. The Apostle Paul penned the words. It's 2 Timothy 4: 6 - 8: " I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." We can imagine the Lord smiling from heaven. Love and prayers be with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Im so sorry to hear this news. God bless all of you. We will see him again in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tiff, We are praying for your family and for safety as you travel back. I am very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  32. RANDY,Tammy,Tiffany&Travis,GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILY,IT A TOUGH ROAD TO GO DOWN FROM EXPERINCE AN MY HEART BREAKS FOR THE FAMILY,BUT god will get you though this in time,it may not seem that way but will happen,someone told one day dont be sad ,because they are in heaven and arent hurting,sick or sad ,and they want you to be happy again,but truly its so very painful to see a nice young man go to soon like Randy its seems like yesterday we were both living in the great apt {not} pregant with TRAVIS AND CORY. THAN LATER YOU HAD A BEAUTIFUL daughter TIFF,BUT NOT ME TAM ALL BOYS LOL,BUT YOU AN RANDY RAISE GREAT KIDS AND SHOULD BE PROUD,RANDY YOU ARE A GREAT GUY YA I KNOW IAM JUST ME GINGER BUT I MADE YOU LAUGH SO KEEP ON LAUGHING RANDY,AND GOD HAS PICK A GOOD ANGEL,LOVE GINGER&CHARLIE

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am so sorry to hear this heart-breaking news. Sgt is a wonderful man and as long as I have worked with him, I have never had anything but great things to say about him. I know that God has a plan but I often find myself wondering why he takes the good ones that we love so much. It's because they are so special that he has a need for them now. Enjoy your time together and always know that although it may sadden us, we will all meet up again. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's been a very long time since I saw your Dad. He graduated from Velma-Alma High School with us in 1978! And let me tell you this, our town has never been the same without Liquid Steel! Wow! What wonderful memories! Please let your Dad know that we, all of his graduating class, are praying for him and your family. God is the still on the Throne and He is still in the Miracle business. Time passes so quickly and we tend to losr track of all of our classmates. My burden to bear, not keeping in touch with your Dad and your families. Please tell him we love him, always will..... Safe journeys and God Bless I am not really sure how to make this post. I am going to do the anonomous button now, nothing else has worked so far. But I am leaving my name here for you. Cathy Romine Little

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Tiffany, I am so sorry to hear the news. I am praying that your time with your dad and the family has been / will be sweet. Be strong, we have a great God. Love, Kris Kniss

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have not seen or spoken to your dad or mom for many years since we left the desert but I will always consider both of them to be friends. The wedding pictures you posted will always be the way I remeber them from back in those days. I am saddened to hear of your loss but am comforted to know the love he recieved from a daughter like you must be. I am lucky to have one like you at home also. Give my prayers to your mother and I know Randy is resting in the great light of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete