Today they began with physical therapy. He has one physical therapist working on his upper body and one on his lower body. They were very impressed today, how well he did and what strength he still has. Though he feels very weak when walking and such, the pressure he applied against her hand was impressive. They will continue to work with dad while in the hospital. They're ready to get dad stronger thus continuing to give him HOPE. Dad is strong, with a hope and faith and courage that I've never seen him lose sight of. He continues to say "I'm not done fighting." As I've said it before, this man won't let anything get him down. We'll never stop praying for a miracle, and we'll do whatever dad wants to do next. He's the boss :) He always has been. I remember playing monopoly at a young age with my dad and my brother. And I remember my brother and I on occasion saying, "Dad it's almost midnight and we're so tired; can we finish playing tomorrow?" I remember dad saying, "We can't stop playing till someone wins!" He's competitive if any of you know him closely. He won't back down. I got my competitiveness from my dad. But it was fun to always have the goal of beating dad at games, because he made it such a challenge.
My dad's a fighter. He's a man of COURAGE, he's a man of FAITH and he's a man of HOPE.
HOPE
It’s magic and it’s free
It’s not in a prescription
It’s not in an IV.
It punctuates out laughter,
It sparkles in our tears,
It simmers under sorrows,
And dissipates our fears.
Do you know what Hope is?
It’s reaching past today,
It’s dreaming of tomorrow,
It’s trying a new way.
It’s pushing past impossible,
It’s pounding on the door,
It’s questioning the Answers,
It’s always seeking more.
It’s rumors of a breakthrough,
It’s whispers of a cure,
A roller coaster ride
Of remedies, unsure.
Do you know what Hope is?
It’s candy for the soul,
It’s perfume for the spirit,
To share it makes you Whole.
author unknown
I've honestly had a really tough past few days; as a family we've had some tough talks etc. But when I hear over and over that my dad's hope is still in the Lord, and still in the fact that He could choose to do a miracle or could provide other options; when I look at my dad covered in God's strength and peace and perseverance, I can't (and who else can't) help but feel that contagious spirit. My HOPE is in you Lord. We're still awaiting that miracle and will keep the faith, no matter how hard it is. WE WILL NOT GIVE UP HOPE.
City of HOPE..... Man of HOPE.... God of HOPE...... Lets encourage his HOPE!
Hang in there Randy wishing you the very best.
ReplyDeleteJohn
Tiffany and the Gwaltney family,
ReplyDeleteWe are continually praying for blessings and strength for your family; that a miracle finds its way to you.
Love,
The Cashion's
Joe, Chris, Dayna and Michael
It has been a long time..your picture brings such good memories. Hugs to you both. Thanks for the continued updates. My prayers are with u both. Merry Christmas!! Esther
ReplyDeleteJust a note from your Chaplain to say I am still praying for you my friend. Merry Christmas. May Jesus fill your days with His presence. Gary Malkus....
ReplyDeleteYou are in our prayers. Stay strong in your faith and God will provide. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteRobin Cimmarusti, Lucerne Valley Station
We serve The God of Hope for sure! Tiff, Josh and I love that song, "I will Rise", it just reminds us of what He brings up out from the ashes. We love you all so much! Clinging to Hope!
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray that God will make his presence known to you in so many different ways that nobody can deny His existence in this difficult situation. We are praying!!
ReplyDeleteOur prayers continue to be with you all as you walk this difficult road together. Praying especially that the Hope that was born in the manger will bring a renewed sense of Hope & Peace. Ed & Shelley Ramsey
ReplyDelete