Dad's doctor Papawell, that has been his doctor all along at COH, discussed with mom and dad today that this chemo was the last treatment they would be able to provide at City of Hope. They have tried everything else that they are aware of working on lymphoma cancer. They say this is a cancer they've never seen before. Most lymphoma's are treated with chemo, but due to the rare type that it is, there is nothing more they can offer.
So we are asking that you all get on your knees (as we know so many of you already have been) and plead with God that this chemo would be the one to work. We would love if people could be fasting and praying these next three days with us.
This chemo is the hardest they've ever given him, but the doctor says that his body has been strong enough to endure so many different chemo treatments already. The doctor said that they would not be giving it to him if his body were not strong enough. We are so thankful to God that his levels are up, so that they can try this last chemo.
My mom and brother said that my dad still has that "eye of the tiger." There was no option whether or not to do this chemo- he still wants to keep fighting... whatever it takes. Dad's been receiving shots today to take away the blood clot in his leg. If these shots do not work, they will put in a net in his leg to block the blood clot from traveling to his heart. His blood work also came back showing that he has mersa (a staff infection). Everyone is fully covered going in to see him.

Mom is feeding dad ice chips in this pic, while my brother and I are type chatting on skype. Its such a bad connection which gets frustrating. I've been talking by phone lately and just using skype to see each other. I was able to see my dad today; its been awhile. But it was good to just see him and I prayed over him while mom and Trav laid hands on him. He doesn't feel up for pictures with so many tubes in him right now. The doctors have said that they will be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks to monitor him after the chemo. He will most likely need transfusions and white blood cell injections. This is comforting for them to get the best care possible being at COH.
I've never seen a man so strong before in my life. When he continues to get bad news, he doesn't even cry; he just gets that "eye of the tiger" look and says- lets do whatever it takes and I'm not giving up and will keep fighting.
Dad and mom continue to pray together every day and read the word. Dad is holding on this verse:
Joshua 1:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
He will continue to cling on to the words in this verse. We will continue to encourage dad to keep fighting and stay strong, keeping his eyes fixed on the Father.
I do not know your or your family, but I stumbled on this blog and have been reading it daily. I'm so sorry that you and your family are having to travel this difficult path. Your strength and dedication to each other and to the Lord are amazing. I pray that your prayers are answered and that this round of chemo works.
ReplyDeleteLord Jesus please let this treatment work for our brother randy and Comfort his family.we ask this in your name Amen.
ReplyDeleteSgt G...May God bless you and hold you close in His arms..continue to FIGHT, no matter what!!! you can do this!! You have your family as support and you have God as your strength and comfort. We pray for you daily and want you back at work. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!! Look at your card again..WE LOVE YOU!!!! DO..NOT...GIVE..UP...HE will see you through this. du
ReplyDelete