
So, my mom and dad are really into the show "Sing Off" and their favorite group won while they were still at home. Mom was telling me about watching the finale episode. I guess the winner got to choose their own song to sing, and lo and behold..... guess what song they sang!!!???? "EYE OF THE TIGER"!!!!!!!!! I was so stoked when my mom told me that- I think it was just God's way of blessing my dad with a little reminder and encouragement :)
Another thing that my mom told me, that I loved hearing so much was that my grandpa (mom's dad) had stuck his head in the door to say bye to my dad at the hospital and tell him that he loved him and was praying for him. He also said to my dad to keep on fighting and get better so they could go fishing. Mom said that dad looked at him with an attitude as if saying "no duh, I'm gonna fight this and we're going fishing." I love my dad for having that attitude! I got to tell him today that I loved him so much and that he has more of the "eye of the tiger" than we ever did in sports, like he always told us to. I told him that it meant a lot that he wasn't just all talk telling us to have that "eye," but that he was a man that would also do over and beyond what he told others to do.
Chemo is going okay. As levels drop, the nurses are on it and fillin' him back up. They sedated him to get good sleep and mom also got to sleep a few hours. Dad got a bath today, mom shaved him and they changed the sheets. Feeling refreshed and ready to keep battling! They had a nice day alone and got to watch sports. My dad was completely stoked to see his favorite player joining the Angels!!!! He's been out of watching sports much lately, but to see that today on the TV just made his day! Go Angels! Mom got blessed by one of the nurses. These nurses are amazing! There's mom and dad's favorite girls that will work 12 hour shifts and then stay an extra hour to two hours just talking to my mom and hugging her, encouraging her. Mom had complimented one of the girls on her yummy smelling lotion. The nurse actually went down and bought her that same lotion in the gift store. How sweet! Another nurse walked into their room and told them that there was something different about their room, that there was a different feeling when she walked in- like a peaceful feeling. She said she had never seen anyone so peaceful than my parents after hearing news like they heard this week. This girl is a believer, and so she knows where that comes from.
I've had a good day today, with a smile on my face...... I got to see and talk to my daddin' :)
Tiff,
ReplyDeleteSo GLAD you got to talk to and SEE your daddy! That has to help lift your spirits tremendously!! YAY!!!!!!! :-)
Randy,
I wanted you to know that Tristen & I are setting aside 3 times a day to stop and pray together for you...morning, noon & night. We stop what we're doing and pray together for God to heal you. "God", she says, "please help Uncle Randy's 'men-ni-cin' to make him better. And Jesus name, Amen.". I know her prayers are so precious to Him, as are all the prayers of everyone who is interceding on your behalf.
Tammi you are such a gift. No one knows the heart of a bride for her groom as well as Christ does. And He knows the deep and abiding love you have for your groom, and all of the smiles and tears you have shared together. It doesn't seem that long ago that you two were walking down the aisle together, does it? My, how your love for eachother has grown even deeper over the years.
Blessings to you both.
Love,
Kristy
Thank you for your precious prayers Tristen and so many others out there.
ReplyDeleteTiffany