I spoke to my dad and mom on the phone today, as skype was not working since we have now entered rainy season, aka stormy season. It was so good to talk to my dad, though I couldn't do a lot of talking as I was mostly crying. Today for me is such a hard day, not only because of the tremendous pain and battle I know my dad is fighting; it's also hard with being away on the holidays, especially at a time like this. Today also stands out for me in a real, more vivid way than ever before. It was today, two years ago, that my grandpa (my dad's dad) died of cancer. He said all of his good-byes to each one of us on Thanksgiving night, then passed away that night.
Please keep my dad in your prayers as I know today is a hard day for him with losing his dad, and even now as he is going through the same battle with cancer. Please also pray for his mom (my grandma) as I can't imagine how it feels to have just lost your husband to cancer and now watch your youngest son battle it also for his life. Please also pray for my family today, as we are all separated. Please pray for my mom and dad in the hospital to just have a day of loving on each other and being thankful for every moment they have together.
Thanks to all of you for taking time out of your lives and families, to stay updated on mine and to pray for the healing of my dad. Today, I am completely thankful to each of you that stays up on this blog and lifts my family up.
Happy Thanksgiving~ From our family to yours~
Like my dad said today, "He promised to never give me more than I could handle." He's continuing to stand on THE word and I am thankful for my dad, who sets such an amazing example for me to follow. Still Thanking God, whether we're in storms or smooth sailing.
No comments:
Post a Comment