Dad, we're gonna get you golfing again!

The last two days have been pretty low key for my mom and dad at home. They stayed inside mostly relaxing by the fire together. Dad has been pretty sick, so mom is helping him out with every detail that comes with that. He continues to get more and more sick losing weight and gagging. We are asking that you please pray that as dad has his next chemo treatment appointment this morning, that his levels will be ready for him to receive the treatment. Also, we are asking that you would please pray that this chemo will work and shrink that mass from pressing on the small intestine. One of my mom's least favorite things is fog, and she said that the High Desert was covered with it. Please pray that it will be cleared so that they can travel down to City of Hope this morning.
I would love to ask that you pray for my mom to have a renewal of strength this week, as it is so difficult to watch your most precious loved one battle for their life. Dad just wraps his arms around her and encourages her, even as her tears flow down when she has to leave him to go to the store. She says "he's the one going through this, yet he is so strong and has to hold me and encourage me." But I know that she is also encouraging him, and that he would not be where he is if it weren't for her non-stop love, faithfulness, encouragement and strength. I'm reading a book called "Created To Be His Help Meet" right now, and I can't think of a better fitting woman than my mom.
As I looked my dad in the eyes today, while he admits to feeling so weak and exhausted, and tell him I miss him; he tells me back "stay strong Tiff." Wow dad, you are so strong..... not a strength that comes from pumping iron as I always watched you do all my life, but an inner strength that I know only comes from God. I love you Dad. You CAN DO THIS!
Please pray for my family this week, as we are all separated during the holidays; please pray for a comfort and peace in all of our hearts. As I talked to my parents about the holidays, and even their lack of desire to even decorate this year for Christmas. My mom stated, "All we want for Christmas is to get Dad better." She's so right...... so we continue the fight.
Sending hugs across the seas!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete