True Fighters With Strength from Above

True Fighters With Strength from Above

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Dad was released yesterday (the normal five hour process). "We'll discharge you at 11:00 am." 4:00 pm rolls around.... "ah, headed home!" It was so nice for them to come home to their nice cozy house and get the fire started together. They also had the blessing of soup being prepared for them by their good friends the Buzzards. What a blessing! On skype tonight, "grandma" was showing Koda the fireplace, and Koda said "Mommy I want to go to grandma and grandpa's house and lay on their couch by the fire, it looks cozy." Too cute! But not the part after where I have to explain how we have to fly for 2 to 3 days to get there and that it costs 5 arms and 5 legs to pay for the plane tickets ;) "Grandma and Grandpa" quickly reminded Koda that they were going to be coming out to Sri Lanka to see them just as soon as grandpa gets all better. She started naming off all of the places they've heard about from us and seen pictures. Koda reminded them that we were gonna take them to see elephants and of course the monkeys in our front yard, oh and crocodiles too. My parents had tickets booked to come see us September and October. They were able to get a refund; thankful they purchased the insurance. But I dream and continue to pray that my dad will be able to come see the place that I now call "home," the place where God has brought us, and the place that captivates our hearts. I remember the first time we found out my dad had cancer after his MRI. I remember one of the first things my mom told me was that my dad was crying saying, "I just want to go to Sri Lanka and see my little girl thriving."

Please make this your prayer, as it is our prayer.

2 comments:

  1. We keep you in our prayers. It is always refreshing to go home, sit in front of a fire and enjoy the familiar surroundings.

    We will pray that the trip to Sri Lanka will become a reality.

    Brina, Ilene, Josh & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. so thankful for the simple pleasures and your ability to ENJOY them...praying for a complete healing from this "interference" of life, love you all

    Donna Sikorski

    ReplyDelete