I played "pretend" today like when I was a little girl. I put myself in between mom and dad in the photo today on skype; pretending like I was right there with my arms around them both.
But since I wasn't, dad had a nice day with some visitors. He got to laugh with family and had a good day. Since he's been "vomit free" for three days now, he felt much more like having company. Dad and Mom also got spoiled with many gifts; when my Uncle Steve and Aunt Diane asked if they could get mom and dad anything, their one or two requests turned into bags full of nice goodies. Grandma and Grandpa Mortimore and Uncle Donny and Aunt Vicky also blessed them with a visit and some goodies. They most of all brought a bunch of laughter that uplifted mom and dad's spirits and left smiles on their faces. Thanks for love and support. Its such a blessing to have such supportive family. Unsure what tomorrow holds. They should want to do the next round of chemo on Wednesday, since that will be a week. We're not quite sure if they will keep him there until then or have him go home a few days since he's doing well holding things down and seems that the "pinch" or "blockage" has let up.
Thanks for your continual support and precious comments and notes to mom and dad. They feel completely blessed and so do Travis and I.
Cute picture! You both look like you're getting more rest and that's sooo great!!
ReplyDeleteTammi you are a model of what a supportive, Christian wife should be and I admire the way you encourage and lift up your husband (and stand with him through the 'no chocolate chip cookies' times, lol).
Stay strong!
~Kristy