It came as a blessing in disguise. Dad and Mom got to go to a barbecue that the Apple Valley Sheriff's Department had invited them to. They were so excited that they could go now, since chemo was postponed. Dad got to see a ton of his friends/co-workers. What a blessing it was for them to be surrounded by so much love and encouragement from dad's A.V. station.
Dad was also stoked to tell me that he drove today. I loved watching his face light up telling me that. Because he's been off of morphine now, due to NO more pain, he was able to drive. I hadn't thought about the fact that he wasn't driving at all anymore. When I was there, he drove sometimes. When I asked about it, mom said "he stopped driving after you left." Then with a lil cute sass, Dad said something like "well your mom chose that I stopped driving." We all laughed about it. I joked with him that he was like the senior citizen that gets their keys taken away from them. But now he's got them back!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment