True Fighters With Strength from Above

True Fighters With Strength from Above

Monday, October 24, 2011

Dad Lookin' Good Today

As you can see the two baldies together, enjoying their day side by side.

I love that my brother shaved his head the day that I was leaving and flying back to Sri Lanka after our two month stay with my parents. It just made for a sweet good-bye as I watched my brother come along side my dad in a physically supportive way. And yet today, something hit me hard about looking at my brother for the first time next to my dad with that mask and gloves on. It made me start thinking about being there physically in this time with my dad. I can't imagine how hard that is for my brother to have to put on a mask and gloves to be next to my dad. The precious things that I would miss, to feel his face or rub his head.... yet the gloves. Or to even give him a kiss or that he could see my smile when I looked upon him. Something today..... hit me. Or my mom.... and the many ways that their marriage has changed, as now the biggest focus is fighting for life. And my dad, who wakes up every day thanking God for another day of life and ends his days on his knees at the foot of his bed with my mom like they have for many years.... yet those prayers are now for a miracle, although always recognizing the author and finisher and that HIS will be done.

Romans 8:28-

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."


HE IS IN CONTROL



1 comment:

  1. Cool picture of Travis & Randy! Tristen & I like that!
    ~Kristy

    ReplyDelete